Re: "The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized" -- depending on user

  • Eric Jain
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2010
      On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 20:25, /dev/rob0 <rob0@...> wrote:
      > I don't understand this. The snippet above is over two minutes PRIOR
      > to the snippet below. When/how did rDNS fail, and how did you confirm
      > this?

      I started out using exim, but exim didn't read /etc/mailhost and in
      consequence ended up using the wrong hostname. Switched to postfix to
      address this issue (among others) and verified that messages were no
      longer rejected. Then the next day I noticed that messages sent from
      one particular account were still being rejected. But meanwhile
      they're all going through, so I guess it wasn't a configuration issue,
      but perhaps some caching thing going on at Google's end...