Re: [MAILER-DAEMON@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca: Postfix SMTP server: errors from mail-iw0-f172.google.com[209.85.223.172]]

  • Jeff Mitchell
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 27, 2010
      On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      > Then read the developer's labeling.

      <snip>

      I've read it, and it doesn't really change anything for me personally,
      but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Wietse may use them on
      his production systems, but that still doesn't change the fact that if
      I used snapshot releases labeled "experimental" in a customer-facing
      situation things would not bode well, nor the fact that "stable" and
      "experimental" have generally well-understood meanings w.r.t. released
      software (the latter point leading to the former).

      Again, not a dig at posfix, which I've always known to be rock-solid.

      --Jeff