Re: mailbox_command

  • Kris Deugau
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 26 2:34 PM
      Danny wrote:
      > HI ,
      >
      > I am well aware that postfix plays no part in the process I describe below,

      ... but then you say:

      > merely wanted to know if the mailbox_command would play a part in it.

      ?

      mailbox_command is a Postfix *configuration directive*, not a binary,
      script, or other Postfix-related file. So if you're not passing your
      mail through Postfix from fetchmail, Postfix configuration has no effect
      on what fetchmail does with your mail.

      > Don't you think that "it must be a bug" is a bit superflous? No it is not, it is
      > the easiest way to send a first time poster on his way. It is obviuos that you
      > have better things to discuss on this mailing than answer simple questions. Why don't
      > you make this list an exclusive club for the initiated and seasoned postfix user
      > only?

      You noted in your original post:

      It looks like it is bypassing the "mda" flag.

      And /dev/rob0 replied to that paragraph with "you might have a *Debian
      packaging bug*" (emphasis mine).

      A bug, as in, "unexpected behaviour due to an error in the program".

      That misbehaviour might be due to some screwup on the part of the Debian
      package maintainer, or the upstream fetchmail author - filing a Debian
      bug is the usual way to find out. (After you've crosschecked the
      documentation for the current version in case some knucklehead thought
      it would be fun to change certain default behaviours, or how some
      long-standing options are processed, without trying to put up a great
      big neon sign warning you about those changes.)

      -kgd