Re: problems with permit_sasl and unknown_address

  • Yves Dorfsman
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2010
      Noel Jones wrote:
      > On 4/4/2010 8:03 PM, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
      >>>
      >>> This accepts mail from SASL-authenticated clients and rejects unknown
      >>> stuff from SASL-unauthenticated clients.
      >>>
      >>> Your mail is rejected because the client is not SASL authenticated.
      >>
      >> That's right I get rejected before I even have the time to authenticate,
      >> right after the helo (I tried manually with telnet)
      >
      > That sounds as if you've set
      > smtpd_delay_reject = no

      I did indeed. I changed it to yes, and added the sasl_permission to
      smtpd_helo_required ; kept all the other restrictions, and it is now working
      as expected.

      It makes sense now, the server needs to give the client a chance to auth with
      sasl before rejecting it.

      Thanks very much, I really appreciate.

      --
      Yves. http://www.SollerS.ca/

      gmail, jabber, LiveJournal, nimbuzz, ovi, dreamhost xim.ca:
      xmpp:yves@...