Re: ot: spf bounce on forwarded email

  • Sean Reifschneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2010
      On 04/05/2010 08:00 PM, Voytek Eymont wrote:
      > I've set up a number of aliases to redirect emails to the desired new
      > addresses on a remote server, that seemed to work fine

      What you need to do is SRS -- Sender Rewriting Scheme:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Rewriting_Scheme

      See the very end for the discussion of how it relates to SPF.

      In short, you are forwarding to an SPF-enabled host without doing SRS,
      which causes problems. If you are doing SPF already on your incoming mail,
      it should be safe for the destination host to disable SPF for messages
      coming from your host. Otherwise you're going to have to implement SRS.

      Sean
      --
      Sean Reifschneider, Member of Technical Staff <jafo@...>