smtp auth, authdaemond

  • christopher floess
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hi all, I'm having a hard time getting smtp auth going. I've been trying
      to do it through authdaemond, but I get the error:

      Mar 29 09:53:07 bravo postfix/smtpd[38173]: warning: SASL authentication
      problem: unknown password verifier
      Mar 29 09:53:07 bravo postfix/smtpd[38173]: warning:
      unknown[192.168.1.250]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: no mechanism
      available
      Mar 29 09:53:07 bravo postfix/smtpd[38173]: Write 64 chars: 535 5.7.8
      Error: authentication failed:

      I'm pretty sure authdaemond works because I can authenticate with
      courier-imap to retrieve my mail, as well as being able to authenticate
      with authtest.

      Here are the contents of smtpd.conf:

      pwcheck_method: authdaemond
      authdaemond_path: /var/run/authdaemond/socket
      log_level: 7
      mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

      At this point, the password verifier isn't that important to me. I think
      that I'm really just hoping to preserve the database lookup part of the
      configuration.

      As far as I know postfixadmin doesn't work with userdb or hashes, and
      I'd like it if I could administer things through postfixadmin once
      everything else is in place.

      At first I had suspected that this was a permissions issue, but I've
      opened them up pretty wide. At the moment I'm re-compiling cyrus-sasl2,
      in case authdaemon support wasn't compiled in.

      Here's the output of postconf:

      [root@bravo /usr/local/lib/sasl2]# postconf -n
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
      config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      content_filter = scan:127.0.0.1:10025
      daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/db/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      home_mailbox = Maildir/
      html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
      message_size_limit = 10240000
      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
      mydomain = mydomain.com
      myhostname = mail.mydomain.com
      mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
      mynetworks_style = subnet
      myorigin = $mydomain
      newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
      notify_classes = resource, software, protocol
      proxy_interfaces = 192.168.1.220
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
      relay_domains = $mydestination
      sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = maildrop
      smtp_tls_loglevel = 4
      smtp_use_tls = yes
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
      permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_unknown_client_hostname, warn_if_reject,
      reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, warn_if_reject,
      reject_rhsbl_sender dsn.rfc-ignorant.org
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $mydomain
      smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
      smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous
      smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks
      smtpd_tls_CAfile = /usr/local/etc/postfix/certs/smtpd.pem
      smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /usr/local/etc/postfix/certs/smtpd.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /usr/local/etc/postfix/certs/smtpd.pem
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 4
      smtpd_use_tls = yes
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_sql
      virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
      virtual_mailbox_base = /usr/local/var/mail/vhosts
      virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/vdomains_sql
      virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/vmailbox_mysql
      virtual_minimum_uid = 100
      virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

      Thanks in advance,
      Chris