Postfix + AWStats

  • Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      I'm running Postfix 2.5.5 on a Debian system and I'm trying to get AWstats to process my postfix mail log. I've read all FAQ at awstats' and postix's homepage and none is aplicable.
      As I read on http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL it is said that LogFormat has to be:
      LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd"

      As I read help for these wildcards, I realize that:

      %time2            Date and time with format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

      And my log file is not %time2 it should be %time3:

      %time3            Date and time with format: Mon dd hh:mm:ss or Mon dd hh:mm:ss yyyy

      as I see on postfix's log:

      Mar 14 06:30:37 externo2 postfix/pickup[11701]: EDC557B82AE: uid=0 from=<root>
      Mar 14 06:30:37 externo2 postfix/cleanup[16392]: EDC557B82AE: message-id=<20100314053037.EDC557B82AE@externo>
      Mar 14 06:30:38 externo2 postfix/qmgr[22768]: EDC557B82AE: from=<root@externo>, size=1142, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Mar 14 06:30:38 externo2 postfix/local[16483]: EDC557B82AE: to=<root@externo>, orig_to=<root>, relay=local, delay=305, delays=305/0.06/0/0.11, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)
      Mar 14 06:30:38 externo2 postfix/qmgr[22768]: EDC557B82AE: removed

      Each mail access to smtp has several lines (one for from, another for to...) in log, so the awstats filter will never get the info it wants.

      Has anyone succesfully configured AWstats to fit Postfix's 2.5.5 log file format?

      Thanks in advance.

      Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
      At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes,
      bathe and not make messes in the house.
                      -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

      Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
      Técnico de Sistemas