Re: postfix and mailman

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15 12:12 PM
      David Mehler a écrit :
      > Hello,
      > I'm running a CentOS 5.4 machine and atempting to get postfix and
      > mailman going on it. This was working prior to a complete system
      > upgrade about 9 months ago, now it isn't, I'm getting an error 554
      > user unknown message when the user atempts to send back the
      > confirmation email to join the mailing list in this case a test list
      > called test4. I'm running postfix 2.3.3 and mailman 2.1.9 installed
      > from rpms. I've got a virtual mailbox domain called for this purpose
      > example.com which is working fine. I decided to have a separate domain
      > called lists.example.com for mailman, when the error 554 comes in
      > instead of being test4-request@... which would work the
      > address is test4-request@... which is nonexistent. How can i
      > get this to work, I think this is something simple, but two days and
      > i'm not seeing it.
      > My config is below.
      > Thanks.
      > Dave.
      >
      > main.cf:

      next time, show output of 'postconf -n' (no you don't need to send it
      unless you still need help).
      > [snip]

      > /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman:
      > [snip]
      > # STANZA START: test4
      > # CREATED: Sun Mar 14 20:45:53 2010
      > test4@... test4
      > test4-admin@... test4-admin
      > test4-bounces@... test4-bounces
      > test4-confirm@... test4-confirm
      > test4-join@... test4-join
      > test4-leave@... test4-leave
      > test4-owner@... test4-owner
      > test4-request@... test4-request
      > test4-subscribe@... test4-subscribe
      > # STANZA END: test4

      you are using non fqdn addressess, so test4-request@... is
      mapped to test4-request, which is then completed to
      test4-request@$myorigin, which is test4-request@.... Thus your
      problem.

      With virtual_alias_maps, use fully qualified addresses (include the
      domain part). This way, you'll avoid such surprises...