Re: Maildir creation

  • Jack Knowlton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 3:19 PM
      On Mon, March 1, 2010 11:34 pm, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Jack Knowlton:
      >> I would like Postfix to
      >> accept mail for any recipient of that particular domain and create the
      matching Maildir once the first message has been received.
      >> Thanks,
      > This is possible but I don't think it is a good idea to auto-create
      maildirs for users whose name starts with "../../", shell special
      characters, and so on. For these reasons Postfix will not allow
      > regular expression maps to be used for this purpose.
      > Wietse

      Hi Wietse,

      Thank you for the response. I am working on a disposable e-mail addressing
      service thus need to accept mail for any username. The message files will
      be read by the WWW daemon on a drive that shadow copies the primary
      Postifx Maildirs. I can manually work out a list of "forbidden"
      destination usernames that will be rejected.
      Parsing one by one the message files to match against "X-Original-To"
      header is not an option performance-wise.
      If possible I would still like to implement the automatic maildir creation
      process.
      Thanks,

      JK