Re: Maildir creation

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      Jack Knowlton:
      > I would like Postfix to
      > accept mail for any recipient of that particular domain and create the
      > matching Maildir once the first message has been received.
      > Thanks,

      This is possible but I don't think it is a good idea to auto-create
      maildirs for users whose name starts with "../../", shell special
      characters, and so on. For these reasons Postfix will not allow
      regular expression maps to be used for this purpose.

      Wietse
    • Jack Knowlton
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
        On Mon, March 1, 2010 11:34 pm, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > Jack Knowlton:
        >> I would like Postfix to
        >> accept mail for any recipient of that particular domain and create the
        matching Maildir once the first message has been received.
        >> Thanks,
        > This is possible but I don't think it is a good idea to auto-create
        maildirs for users whose name starts with "../../", shell special
        characters, and so on. For these reasons Postfix will not allow
        > regular expression maps to be used for this purpose.
        > Wietse

        Hi Wietse,

        Thank you for the response. I am working on a disposable e-mail addressing
        service thus need to accept mail for any username. The message files will
        be read by the WWW daemon on a drive that shadow copies the primary
        Postifx Maildirs. I can manually work out a list of "forbidden"
        destination usernames that will be rejected.
        Parsing one by one the message files to match against "X-Original-To"
        header is not an option performance-wise.
        If possible I would still like to implement the automatic maildir creation
        process.
        Thanks,

        JK