Re: postmulti: inet_interfaces for each instance ?

  • David Touzeau
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
      David Touzeau:

      > > > David Touzeau: > > Dear > > > > I would like to implement multiple instances on my 2.7 postfix. > > > > After read the documentation (perhaps my english is very poor) i need to > > have a confirmation. > > > > did i need to disable master_service_disable and specify an IP address > > for each instance in inet_interfaces token ? > > The idea is that every Postfix instance listens on the interface > address specified with its own "inet_interfaces" parameter setting. > > If you have a null client then it usually will not have an SMTP listener. > Either comment out smtpd in master.cf or use master_service_disable=inet > in main.cf. > > Wietse > > > Many thanks Wietse for your answer in a week-end :=) > > so if i want to create 27 instances, i need to create 27 virtual > IP addresses and set each in "inet_interfaces" on each dedicated > main.cf.
      Each Postfix instance needs a main.cf file where you configure the myhostname, inet_interfaces, and the domain(s) that the instance will receive mail for (in mydestination, virtual_mailbox_domains, etc.).
      > I was thinking that i should create 26 null clients and one instance > is in charge of routing connexions to the right instance.
      If you put a mail router in front of the 26 instances, that mail router will need to forward mail via an SMTP connection to the instances. Therefore, each Postfix instance still needs a main.cf file where you configure the myhostname, inet_interfaces, and the domain(s) that the instance will receive mail for (in mydestination, virtual_mailbox_domains, etc.).
      > (in the same way of an Apache server with vhosts)
      Apache does not forward requests for vhosts. Instead, Apache looks at the HTTP client's "Host:" header in the http request, and then it serves files from the document tree for that host. Wietse It is clear Wietse , Topic closed... Many thanks for your time. Have a nice week-end...