Re: "Display-name" rewriting

  • Hari Hendaryanto
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2010
      Sylvain Ferrand wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I would like to overwrite the "display-name" (i.e. the sender
      > description string in the the From: field. - cf. RFC 5322 sec 3.4) set
      > by the MUA. Is it possible to rewrite the "display-name" (1) in the
      > "From:" header on a postfix server ?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Sylvain Ferrand
      This was exactly what i'm doing years a go.rewriting my users real name
      defined in mysql database instead of their From: defined in MUA.
      I've published the prototype i wrote here:

      http://www.kutukupret.com/2009/04/28/postfix-change-header-form-outgoing-mail-using-altermime/

      Sorry, it's in indonesian.i hope that articles lead you to some clues

      regards