Re: restricting acceptence of mail users except from local network

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24 7:30 AM
      On 2/24/2010 12:47 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:

      >> Anyway to restrict the From: header to the local domain as well as the
      >> From<whitespace> header
      >>
      >> It seems that Majordomo will accept the mail if the From: is different
      >> than the From
      >>
      >> > From mrbrklyn@...
      >>
      >> From: ruben@...
      >>
      >> I'd like to reject it at the mail server if either is spoofed and it is
      >> not originating from my local hosts on the internal network.
      >>

      > Actually, thing about this, that might not be a good idea and I doubt it
      > is even in the envelope.
      >
      > Ruben

      Right, rejecting From: headers that falsely claim to be from
      your domain is guaranteed to cause problems. Look at your
      posts to this mail list...

      There's no easy solution to forged From: headers, but
      SpamAssassin can be a big help by identifying the underlying
      spam payload.

      Also clamav antivirus with the Sanesecurity
      anti-spam/anti-phish addon signatures can catch a good amount
      of unwanted mail. Postfix can use clamav-milter to reject
      unwanted mail before it enters your system.