Re: Problem with transport

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
      On 2/12/2010 1:41 AM, Patric Falinder wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > I got a little problem with my postfix setup. I currently have Postfix,
      > MySQL, amavisd-maia (Maia Mailguard), spamassassin, f-secure and dovecot
      > installed.
      > I have all my users/domains information in the database that are going
      > to be delivered to my pop3/imap.
      > But I also want to be some sort of "spamcheck relay" for other servers
      > so their mail gets delivered to my server, get checked for spam and then
      > I send them to their mailserver.
      > I don't know if I should post all my configs here in the mail, cause the
      > mail will get very long, so I will just link to my post on
      > Linuxquestions.org where I have also posted this problem:
      > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/postfix-transport-788433/
      >

      > anyway, I have these two settings:
      > virtual_transport = virtual
      >
      > in the transport -file I have:
      >
      > example.com smtp:[smtp.example.com]
      >

      > but when I get a mail from test@... it checks the database if
      > the user exists, which it doesn't becuase I am just gonna spam check it
      > and send it the the real mailserver.
      > error message:
      >
      > Feb 11 11:49:38 example.com postfix/smtpd[24775]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
      > from blu0-omc2-s8.blu0.hotmail.com[65.55.111.83]: 550 5.1.1
      > <test@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual
      > mailbox table; from=<test@...> to=<test@...> proto=ESMTP
      > helo=<blu0-omc2-s8.blu0.hotmail.com>
      >
      > I read this in the postfix doc:
      > virtual_transport (default: virtual)
      > The default mail delivery transport and next-hop destination for final
      > delivery to domains listed with $virtual_mailbox_domains. *This
      > information can be overruled with the transport(5) table.*
      >
      > Specify a string of the form transport:nexthop, where transport is the
      > name of a mail delivery transport defined in master.cf. The :nexthop
      > destination is optional; its syntax is documented in the manual page of
      > the corresponding delivery agent.
      >
      > but don't understand what I have to do to make it work?
      > Can anyone help me with this?
      >
      > Thanks!

      The domain should be listed in relay_domains. Valid
      recipients should be listed in relay_recipient_maps. If you
      don't have a list of valid recipients, you can use active
      address verification to verify them during the SMTP transaction.
      http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

      It's important to verify the recipients to manage load on your
      computer and to maintain reasonable queue sizes. It's also
      only a matter of time until you get blacklisted as a
      backscatter source if you don't verify recipients.