Re: Mail routing based on my own policy

  • Andrea Gabellini
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 11, 2010
      Thank you.

      I just compiled 2.6.5 with it and wrote a little tcp server with
      Net::Server. I can use it in transport_maps returning a string "200
      snmp:my_mail_host"

      Andrea

      Wietse Venema ha scritto:
      > Ralf Hildebrandt:
      >> * Andrea Gabellini <andrea.gabellini@...>:
      >>
      >>> I already looked at tcp_map, but I have some doubts.
      >>>
      >>> First of all tcp_map support is not compiled by default, and I don't
      >>> know the flag to activate it. Do you know it?
      >> Not off the top of my head. I used that once and it would just work.
      >>
      >>> TCP_TABLE(5) says that the return code must be a numeric value.
      >> Where?
      >>
      >> REPLY FORMAT
      >> Each reply specifies a status code and text. Replies must be no longer
      >> than 4096 characters including the newline terminator.
      >>
      >> 500 SPACE text NEWLINE
      >
      > etc.
      >
      > As a follow-up, the tcp_table(5) "protocol" has not changed since
      > Postfix 2.1, so I am going to call it stable, and include it with
      > Postfix 2.7. Despite all the limitations of the "protocol", it is
      > more useful than not having it at all.
      >
      > To make the tcp table available in the stable release, I edited
      > src/util/dict_open.c, and removed the #ifdef SNAPSHOT and #endif
      > around the entry with dict_tcp_open as shown below.
      >
      > Wietse
      >
      > *** /var/tmp/postfix-2.8-20100203/src/util/dict_open.c Sat Jan 2 18:36:03 2010
      > --- ./dict_open.c Tue Feb 9 19:21:30 2010
      > ***************
      > *** 223,231 ****
      > DICT_TYPE_ENVIRON, dict_env_open,
      > DICT_TYPE_HT, dict_ht_open,
      > DICT_TYPE_UNIX, dict_unix_open,
      > - #ifdef SNAPSHOT
      > DICT_TYPE_TCP, dict_tcp_open,
      > - #endif
      > #ifdef HAS_SDBM
      > DICT_TYPE_SDBM, dict_sdbm_open,
      > #endif
      > --- 223,229 ----

      There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.

      Ing. Andrea Gabellini
      Email: andrea.gabellini@...
      Skype: andreagabellini
      Tel: (+378) 0549 886111