temp fail with alias list

  • jeiva
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 9:17 AM
      when a temp fail occurs both the too address and the top alias list are
      included in the retry. The result is the email gets sent to many ppl.
      Every
      this else "seems to be working". I will get about 40 email (don't know the
      actual number but it's more than 20) sent to jeiva(me) because testt
      tempfails. This is from it retrying until it times out. The way i found to
      have testt easy temp fail is for it to go over the disk quota. We use the
      disk quota for our system to include all the user's files(not just mail).

      excerpt from the alias file:

      t: testt@...
      asdf: t,jeiva

      The entry in mailq:
      0EE9328763 1277 Mon Feb 1 12:00:46 jeiva@...
      (temporary
      failure)
      testt@...
      asdf@...

      why is the asdf@... alias still in the que?

      the way i am currently planing on "fixing this issue is a hack. I would
      have a cron job that will remove the alias part of the address. I think i
      can do this but i would think there should be a easier more official way
      fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Johnathan Eiva
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 10:54 AM
        jeiva a écrit :
        > when a temp fail occurs both the too address and the top alias list are
        > included in the retry. The result is the email gets sent to many ppl.
        > Every
        > this else "seems to be working". I will get about 40 email (don't know the
        > actual number but it's more than 20) sent to jeiva(me) because testt
        > tempfails. This is from it retrying until it times out. The way i found to
        > have testt easy temp fail is for it to go over the disk quota. We use the
        > disk quota for our system to include all the user's files(not just mail).
        >

        > excerpt from the alias file:
        >
        > t: testt@...
        > asdf: t,jeiva
        >

        > The entry in mailq:
        > 0EE9328763 1277 Mon Feb 1 12:00:46 jeiva@...
        > (temporary
        > failure)
        > testt@...
        > asdf@...
        >

        > why is the asdf@... alias still in the que?
        >
        > the way i am currently planing on "fixing this issue is a hack. I would
        > have a cron job that will remove the alias part of the address. I think i
        > can do this but i would think there should be a easier more official way
        > fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        The problem probabl lies in the way you deliver mail. since we can't
        guess, we can't help

        as the list welcome message says, you need to read the DEBUG README (at
        least the #mail part). In particular, show
        - output of 'postconf -n' (note the '-n')
        - relevant logs

        you also need to tell us how mail is delivered and which piece of
        software detects the disk quota condition.