Re: suitable webmail

  • Carlos Williams
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 1, 2010
      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, K bharathan <kbharatan@...> wrote:
      > hi all
      > of course this is a non postfix topic; but i'd like to know from the
      > experienced which webmail is best for a postfix pop server
      > i'd also have it configured for user soft quota
      > guidance appreciated

      Postfix is not the POP/IMAP server. Postfix is the MTA generally for
      SMTP. IMAP and POP are handled by popular daemons such as Dovecot and
      Courier.

      95% of the responses will be Squirrelmail.

      http://squirrelmail.org/

      I recommend and prefer Roundcube.

      http://roundcube.net/

      Both have great Postfix / Dovecot integration.
    • Stan Hoeppner
      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 12, 2010
        LuKreme put forth on 2/12/2010 10:08 AM:
        > On 12-Feb-2010, at 08:48, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
        >>
        >> Tell me about this "top-secure" aspect of Squirrelmail again. ;)
        >
        > The fact that some spammers are able to get into email accounts and send spam via squirrelmail has nothing to do with the security of squirrelmail itself. In nerely all, if not all, of these cases the account is being compromised due to having a password like "password1" or "12345678"

        If you'd have read past the first line you'd have noticed I said the same thing. ;)

        --
        Stan