LDAP based auto reply in virtual hosting environment

  • ml ml
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 6:07 AM
      Hello List,

      i would like to have a ldap based auto reply feature in a virtual
      hosting environment. I had a look at gnarwl, but it was removed from
      Debian lenny due to some security issues:
      http://www.downloadpipe.com/forums/linux/Bug-457279-remove-gnarwl-lenny-ftopict57832.html

      Is there any other way/project/tool to set up a auto reply or vacation
      messaged based on ldap?

      Cheers,
      Mario
    • Jorge Armando Medina
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2 9:50 PM
        ml ml wrote:
        > Hello List,
        >
        > i would like to have a ldap based auto reply feature in a virtual
        > hosting environment. I had a look at gnarwl, but it was removed from
        > Debian lenny due to some security issues:
        > http://www.downloadpipe.com/forums/linux/Bug-457279-remove-gnarwl-lenny-ftopict57832.html
        >
        > Is there any other way/project/tool to set up a auto reply or vacation
        > messaged based on ldap?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Mario

        Even when I use Postfix with LDAP, I prefer to use sieve for auto
        resonse (vacation) messages using dovecot and sieve/managesieve, the
        rules are created by the user using horde webmail with ingo module.
      • Erwan David
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2 10:48 PM
          On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 06:50:16AM CET, Jorge Armando Medina <jmedina@...> said:
          > ml ml wrote:
          > > Hello List,
          > >
          > > i would like to have a ldap based auto reply feature in a virtual
          > > hosting environment. I had a look at gnarwl, but it was removed from
          > > Debian lenny due to some security issues:
          > > http://www.downloadpipe.com/forums/linux/Bug-457279-remove-gnarwl-lenny-ftopict57832.html
          > >
          > > Is there any other way/project/tool to set up a auto reply or vacation
          > > messaged based on ldap?
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Mario
          > >
          > Even when I use Postfix with LDAP, I prefer to use sieve for auto
          > resonse (vacation) messages using dovecot and sieve/managesieve, the
          > rules are created by the user using horde webmail with ingo module.

          I made some nruby autoresponder script based on postgresql, but it
          should be adaaptable to LDAP, with a php page for users to modify it.

          I should clean it up (removing local specific information, and post it somewhere).

          --
          Erwan