Re: Broken web link

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
      On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 13:34:44 +0100
      Markus Schönhaber <postfix-users@...-mail.de> replied:

      >01.01.2010 16:55, Ralf Hildebrandt:
      >
      >> * Jerry <postfix.user@...>:
      >>> On this URL: http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html, this link:
      >>> http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger results in this error message:
      >>>
      >>> Forbidden
      >
      >> I fixed it.
      >
      >http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
      >still gives me a 403.
      >
      >http://ftp.wl0.org/postfinger
      >does work, though.

      I just tried both URLs and they are working fine here.

      --
      Jerry
      postfix.user@...

      "Just saying "no" prevents teenage pregnancy the way "Have a nice day"
      cures chronic depression."

      Faye Wattleton
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faye_Wattleton
    • Mehul Ved
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Jerry <postfix.user@...> wrote:
        >>http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
        >>still gives me a 403.

        403 for me too

        >>http://ftp.wl0.org/postfinger
        >>does work, though.

        works
      • Daniel V. Reinhardt
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
          > I just tried both URLs and they are working fine here.
          >
          > --
          > Jerry
          > postfix.user@...
          >
          > TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
          > TO (UN)SUBSCRIBE see http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
          >
          > "Just saying "no" prevents teenage pregnancy the way "Have a nice day"
          > cures chronic depression."
          >
          > Faye Wattleton
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faye_Wattleton

          Both links work fine for me, the first one is a shell script which is full of text that you copy to or save link as to a directory. The second is the download able compressed versions I imagine.

          How are you accessing the links?
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
            Daniel V. Reinhardt a écrit :
            > [snip]
            >
            > Both links work fine for me, the first one is a shell script which is full of text that you copy to or save link as to a directory. The second is the download able compressed versions I imagine.
            >
            > How are you accessing the links?

            doesn't work from here (.fr) either:

            $ wget http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
            --2010-01-02 20:10:37-- http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
            Resolving ftp.wl0.org... 141.42.206.35
            Connecting to ftp.wl0.org|141.42.206.35|:80... connected.
            HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
            2010-01-02 20:10:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

            similar results with firefox.
          • Patrick Ben Koetter
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
              * mouss <mouss+nobulk@...>:
              > Daniel V. Reinhardt a écrit :
              > > [snip]
              > >
              > > Both links work fine for me, the first one is a shell script which is full
              > > of text that you copy to or save link as to a directory. The second is
              > > the download able compressed versions I imagine.
              > >
              > > How are you accessing the links?
              > >

              > doesn't work from here (.fr) either:
              >
              > $ wget http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
              > --2010-01-02 20:10:37-- http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
              > Resolving ftp.wl0.org... 141.42.206.35
              > Connecting to ftp.wl0.org|141.42.206.35|:80... connected.
              > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
              > 2010-01-02 20:10:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
              >
              > similar results with firefox.

              The reason is a broken softlink on the server. Simons rsync script seems to
              push that broken link to our server.

              I don't know if <http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger> equals the versions
              available in <http://ftp.wl0.org/postfinger/>, but it may be worth a try while
              we wait for Simon to address the problem.

              p@rick

              justified.

              saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):
            • Patrick Ben Koetter
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
                * Patrick Ben Koetter <p@...>:
                > > $ wget http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
                > > --2010-01-02 20:10:37-- http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger
                > > Resolving ftp.wl0.org... 141.42.206.35
                > > Connecting to ftp.wl0.org|141.42.206.35|:80... connected.
                > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
                > > 2010-01-02 20:10:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
                > >
                > > similar results with firefox.
                >
                > The reason is a broken softlink on the server. Simons rsync script seems to
                > push that broken link to our server.
                >
                > I don't know if <http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger> equals the versions
                > available in <http://ftp.wl0.org/postfinger/>, but it may be worth a try while
                > we wait for Simon to address the problem.

                Use <http://ftp.wl0.org/postfinger/postfinger-1.30>. The broken link points to
                that version.