Re: sender-dependent default_transport using FILTER

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
      ram:
      > On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 09:33 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > ram:

      > > > The requirement is that the outgoing mail for every sender-domain should
      > > > be using different bind-ips dedicated to sender domain
      > >
      > > The supported solution is sender_dependent_default_transport_maps,
      > > available with Postfix version 2.7. The FILTER primitive serves
      > > a different purpose: running mail through a fixed content filter.
      > >
      > > Wietse
      >

      > Thanks Wietse,
      >
      > Do you have any pre-release version. Its ok even if its not complete. I
      > could possibly venture to finish it at least for my purpose.

      That would be postfix-2.7-20091209 (the feature has been available
      since late November).

      > I *have to* anyway patch my server with this functionality.
      >
      > Postfix with some of my own trivial patches is already running fine in
      > production on some of my servers (Many thanks to the extremely
      > structured way the code is written .. admittedly it was not too much of
      > an effort ) I guess I can risk running some more untested code.

      The other option is to use sender_dependent_relayhost_maps, where
      each "relayhost" is a different Postfix instance that is bound to
      a different IP address. This uses a bit more CPU and disk I/O
      compared to the Postfix 2.7 solution, but it does not require
      patching.