Re: address_verify expire vs refresh times

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Daniel L. Miller:
      > Me again. After having a problem with trying to connect to a
      > greylist-protected mailing list, I've been reading & re-reading the docs
      > on address_verify_negative_expire_time and
      > address_verify_negative_refresh_time. I know these are different - but
      > I'm afraid the difference as described in the docs is too subtle for me.
      >
      > Does "expire" mean it is removed from the cache, and "refresh" tests to
      > see if it is still invalid - and such tests are repeated at "refresh"

      Yes. The idea of cache refresh is to update a cache entry BEFORE
      it expires, to avoid the "address verification in progress" delay.

      When the address verification cache receives a request for information,
      it returns non-expired information immediately, and performs the
      refresh for that cache entry in the background.