Re: Email service providers

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2009
      Jacqui Caren-home put forth on 12/31/2009 5:28 PM:

      > I *know* other commercial MSP's (our competitors) also use custom
      > delivery subsystems although I think we are currently the only ones with
      > a distributed delivery system that uses active MSP delivery profiles
      > and MSP "delivery load balance" :-)

      So you wrote your own custom MTA and sending cluster load balancing daemon from
      scratch? Did you write them in C or Perl? How many hosts in this load balanced
      sending cluster?

      --
      Stan
    • Port Able
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2010
        --- On Thu, 12/31/09, Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@...> wrote:
        for a highly specific (distributed) low overhead delivery system
        designed to work within the (constantly changing) limitations specified
        by MSPs the changes postfix required would have ended up as a re-write
        to work with any decent performance.

        If MSP's force you to throttle your delivery speed, how does a distributed delivery system help?  Since it is presumably intended to increase throughput/speed, it seems counter-intuitive as you will reach their limits faster.

        I *know* other commercial MSP's (our competitors) also use custom
        delivery subsystems although I think we are currently the only ones with
        a distributed delivery system that uses active MSP delivery profiles
        and MSP "delivery load balance" :-)

        This is very interesting.  Can you share any info or background on MSP profiles and their load balancing requirements?