Re: authdaemond / postfix issues after OS upgrade

  • Jay Deiman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2009
      On 12/02/2009 05:16 PM, Corey Chandler wrote:
      > mouss wrote:
      >> [snip]
      >> I see no postfix logs, nor any explanation of what problem you have.
      > Bloody hell, thought they were in the same logfile; my apologies. The
      > issue is that while IMAP works correctly authenticating against
      > authdaemond, any attempt I make to authenticate via SASL fails according
      > to postfix, yet succeeds according to authdaemond.

      Just to chime in, I'm having *exactly* the same problem. I'm using
      cyrus-sasl, postfix 2.6.5, courier-imap with courier-authdaemond all
      running on a new install of FreeBSD 8.0-p1. I'm able to authenticate
      through authdaemond via courier-imap without any kind of issue. When I
      use authdaemond in the sasl2 smtpd.conf (exactly the same as Corey's
      conf), I get the exact same errors that Corey is getting.

      I eventually, and unfortunately, gave up on the authdaemond approach and
      just installed cyrus-sasl-saslauthd and just set up the following in
      smtpd.conf:

      pwcheck_method: saslauthd
      log_level: 7
      mech_list: plain login
      allow_plaintext: true

      This works fine. I'm not exactly sure what is failing in the postfix
      <-> sasl <-> authdaemond transaction, but I can say for sure that it
      doesn't work.

      Jay

      --
      Jay Deiman