Re: Code burn-in: postscreen/verify cache cleanup

  • Stefan Foerster
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 30, 2009
      * Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:
      > Systems that run close to the capacity limit probably should not
      > expire caches but simply rotate them. I already have a version of
      > Postfix that allows you to turn off cache cleanup.

      I deployed 20091230-nonprod before I went to town this evening and
      until now, there is not a single warning emitted by postscreen in my
      logs, although the server has been handling about twice the mail
      volume and about three times as many connections during this time
      period as in the previous days. I really don't know why. Sorry.

      As for the Debian packaging, I sorted out the problem with dynamic map
      in conf/postfix-script to use $daemon_directory/postfix-script
      instead, added the creation of a symlink to the main dynamicmaps.cf
      file when creating a new instance in conf/postmulti-script, made the
      chroot preparation in Debian's init.d script aware of multiple
      instances and modified the packaging scripts so that a "purge"
      operation will now remove config and queue directories of all
      instances. Before bothering the Debian developer, I'd need a few
      people willing to test those changes - please contact me off-list.

      Stefan