Re: In-queue rejections

  • Brian Evans - Postfix List
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 30, 2009
      On 12/30/2009 3:19 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
      > Geert Hendrickx wrote:
      >> Then do the recipient domain validity check *before* accepting and
      >> queuing the message: put "reject_unknown_recipient_domain" in your
      >> smtpd_recipient_restrictions. This will make Postfix respond with:
      >>
      >> 450 4.1.2 <x@y.z>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found
      >>
      > You know, it's not fair to give me an answer that not only answers my
      > question - but eliminates the need for a complicated new project just
      > by proper configuration! Geez!
      >
      > Hmm...can I extend this and use reject_unverified_recipient? Or will
      > this cause problems?

      It is not recommended to use reject_unverified_recipient for domains you
      are not responsible for.
      Reason: some people may take offense at your server checking addresses
      and put you on a personal blacklist.

      Also, the solution above is subject to transient DNS errors.
      Make sure your DNS source is rock solid.