Re: Postfix 'internals' question re: virtual maps

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2009
      On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 01:33:15PM +1300, Michael wrote:
      > What if anything is the difference between virtual_maps and
      > virtual_alias_maps ?

      1. alias_ ;)
      2. Deprecation of $virtual_maps since Postfix 2.0

      http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_alias
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps

      > I have just discovered on a production mail server that it doesn't
      > like running both of these together (pointing to different SQL
      > tables)
      >
      > Is there any difference in the operation of these two or can I just
      > amalgamate both of these tables in to one?

      Look at that server's local copy of postconf(5) documentation for
      information specific it its version of Postfix. If it honors the
      $virtual_alias_maps setting at all, $virtual_maps is deprecated.