Re: Delivery to multiple locations

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2009
      Michael a écrit :
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I am transistioning an ISP from Sendmail to Postfix with MySQL backend.
      >
      > Mostly this has gone smoothly except that one of the curve balls I have been
      > thrown is in respect of their use of the Alias file as follows:
      >
      > username username, email address etc...
      >
      > I need to find a way to replicate this, hopefully in MySQL where a database
      > scheme can be used to achieve multiple destination delivery of emails to
      > various destinations including local 'virtual' users and other email
      > addresses.

      not with mysql, but with postfix...

      Just use multiple SQL rows:

      username username
      username joe@...
      username foo@...

      (This means that the 'alias' column must not be "unique").

      Then:
      "multiple values are concatenated as comma separated strings"
      as written in
      http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html

      That said, as Sahil suggested, consider using virtual_alias_maps. but be
      aware that virtual_alias_maps search for the full address (while
      alias_maps only use the local part). to avoid surprises, use fqdn
      addresses when using virtual_alias_maps (otherwise, append_at_myorigin
      will take place. and this may cause surprises).