Re: possible hack to postfix

  • Dhiraj Chatpar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
      i do now

      Samuel Goldwyn  - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."

      On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 01:18, fakessh <fakessh@...> wrote:
      hello all
      hello list

      I think there is a problem in the basic configuration of Postfix
      the basic configuration of Postfix is included in the rpm and sources

      I accessed the standard configuration file

      # Alternatively, you can specify the mynetworks list by hand, in
      # which case Postfix ignores the mynetworks_style setting.
      #
      # Specify an explicit list of network/netmask patterns, where the
      # mask specifies the number of bits in the network part of a host
      # address.
      #
      # You can also specify the absolute pathname of a pattern file instead
      # of listing the patterns here. Specify type:table for table-based lookups
      # (the value on the table right-hand side is not used).
      #
      #mynetworks = 168.100.189.0/28, 127.0.0.0/8
      #mynetworks
      = $config_directory/mynetworks
      #mynetworks = hash:/etc/postfix/network_table

      it is then possible to make a 'helo 168.100.189.5' and after this command
      to bounce to anyone even with the new postfix

      I think it is probably possible. when do you?

    • fakessh

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 08:48:41PM +0100, fakessh wrote:

          > I think there is a problem in the basic configuration of Postfix
          > the basic configuration of Postfix is included in the rpm and sources

          http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relay_from

        • Sahil Tandon
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
            On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:48 PM, fakessh <fakessh@...> wrote:

            > hello all
            > hello list

            Really? Every time? Come on!

            > I think there is a problem in the basic configuration of Postfix
            > the basic configuration of Postfix is included in the rpm and sources
            >
            > I accessed the standard configuration file
            >
            > # Alternatively, you can specify the mynetworks list by hand, in
            > # which case Postfix ignores the mynetworks_style setting.
            > #
            > # Specify an explicit list of network/netmask patterns, where the
            > # mask specifies the number of bits in the network part of a host
            > # address.
            > #
            > # You can also specify the absolute pathname of a pattern file instead
            > # of listing the patterns here. Specify type:table for table-based
            > lookups
            > # (the value on the table right-hand side is not used).
            > #
            > #mynetworks = 168.100.189.0/28, 127.0.0.0/8
            > #mynetworks = $config_directory/mynetworks
            > #mynetworks = hash:/etc/postfix/network_table
            >

            > it is then possible to make a 'helo 168.100.189.5' and after this
            > command
            > to bounce to anyone even with the new postfix

            That is ridiculous. Read about $mynetworks more carefully.

          • Corey Chandler
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
              fakessh wrote:
              > hello all
              > hello list
              >
              > I think there is a problem in the basic configuration of Postfix
              > the basic configuration of Postfix is included in the rpm and sources
              >
              > I accessed the standard configuration file
              >
              > # Alternatively, you can specify the mynetworks list by hand, in
              > # which case Postfix ignores the mynetworks_style setting.
              > #
              > # Specify an explicit list of network/netmask patterns, where the
              > # mask specifies the number of bits in the network part of a host
              > # address.
              > #
              > # You can also specify the absolute pathname of a pattern file instead
              > # of listing the patterns here. Specify type:table for table-based lookups
              > # (the value on the table right-hand side is not used).
              > #
              > #mynetworks = 168.100.189.0/28, 127.0.0.0/8
              > #mynetworks = $config_directory/mynetworks
              > #mynetworks = hash:/etc/postfix/network_table
              >

              > it is then possible to make a 'helo 168.100.189.5' and after this command
              > to bounce to anyone even with the new postfix
              >

              > I think it is probably possible. when do you?

              I think you need to research how this works. Have you tested your
              theory? You'll note that that subnet is given as a (commented out)
              example. Additionally, mynetworks is evaluated as an connecting host
              match, not a HELO match.

              -- Corey / KB1JWQ