Re: OT: need some advice as to distro

  • John
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 1, 2009
      Thank you all for your input, having looked at the responses and
      discussed amongst ourselves and as I am the grunt doing the work, we
      will probably go with Centos.
      Some of our reasoning was, it close to Fedora so we have some
      experience, there are several third party repositories that carry the
      "latest" packages and its fairly well documented.
      That said, I think I will setup an Ubuntu server as an experiment just
      to see how difficult/different it is in setup and operate.
      Once again thank you all
      John A
    • Christian Surchi
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 2, 2009
        Il giorno mar, 01/12/2009 alle 13.15 -0800, Joe ha scritto:
        > > Why not just use Debian
        > > then, instead of Ubuntu?
        > Because enterprise support is available for ubuntu, and also, if someone
        > is familiar with ubuntu desktop already it makes sense for them to
        > deploy ubuntu server if servers are needed.

        Enterprise support for postfix? :)

        The desktop approach could be true for *Suse distro, but I can't see any
        point in having a desktop approach to a postfix deployment. Or does
        Ubuntu server is a desktop only distro now? :o

        just my 2 cents...
        Christian

        --
        Christian Surchi - christian _at_ truelite.it
        Truelite srl - Via Monferrato 6 - 50142 Firenze