Re: Do i need any secure channel, if i'm using postfix to receive email only?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 12:37:47PM +0000, Arora, Sumit wrote:

      > I'm using postfix for just receiving emails from network, do I need
      > to enable TLS or anything else for building up a secure channel.
      > I guess all this is required in case of my email clients connecting
      > to my email server.

      Your question is far too vague to answer. You need to pose it in
      the context of one or more explicit use-cases, described with enough
      specificity so that the risk model is clear.

      There is no such thing as "secure", there is only "mitigates a list of
      threats considered in the design". What threats do you want to mitigate
      and in what cases?