Re: OT: need some advice as to distro

  • Eero Volotinen
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 1, 2009
      > Centos 5.4 - while it looks like a good choice, there has been some
      > political infighting going on recently which makes us a little nervous
      > about its future. In addition we have found that a number of the core
      > packages we wish to use are out of date (postfix, dovecot, amavisd-new
      > among them).

      Centos 5.x is my selection. You can also use packages from epel and
      dag's rpm repositories.

      --
      Eero
    • Christian Surchi
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 2, 2009
        Il giorno mar, 01/12/2009 alle 13.15 -0800, Joe ha scritto:
        > > Why not just use Debian
        > > then, instead of Ubuntu?
        > Because enterprise support is available for ubuntu, and also, if someone
        > is familiar with ubuntu desktop already it makes sense for them to
        > deploy ubuntu server if servers are needed.

        Enterprise support for postfix? :)

        The desktop approach could be true for *Suse distro, but I can't see any
        point in having a desktop approach to a postfix deployment. Or does
        Ubuntu server is a desktop only distro now? :o

        just my 2 cents...
        Christian

        --
        Christian Surchi - christian _at_ truelite.it
        Truelite srl - Via Monferrato 6 - 50142 Firenze