value in an alias_maps map to short circuit subsequent maps and deliver locally?

  • Jack Bates
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2009
      I have two maps, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mailRoutingAddress.cf and
      ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mail.cf

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mailRoutingAddress.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mail.cf

      sender_canonical_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-mail.cf

      This way,

      * For users without an entry in either map, mail is delivered locally
      and is canonicalized as username@$myorigin
      * For users with an entry in just ldap-mailRoutingAddress.cf, mail is
      delivered to that address but is still canonicalized as username@
      $myorigin
      * For users with an entry in just ldap-mail.cf, mail is delivered to
      that address and is canonicalized as that address
      * For users with an entry in each map, mail is delivered to the address
      from ldap-mailRoutingAddress.cf and is canonicalized as the address from
      ldap-mail.cf

      This is great, except I now have one unusual case where mail must be
      delivered locally, but must be canonicalized as the address from
      ldap-mail.cf

      - but with an address in ldap-mail.cf, mail isn't delivered locally,
      it's delivered to that address instead : (

      Can I put some value in the ldap-mailRoutingAddress.cf map which will
      cause mail to be delivered locally? thereby stopping the lookup before
      getting to ldap-mail.cf?

      Any other suggestions?