Re: postfix+sasl+dovecot script help!

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2009
      On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 01:50:14AM -0800, Tudod Ki wrote:
      > postfix+sasl+dovecot script help!
      snip
      > I run it after a fresh Lenny netinstall, on VirtualBox.
      >
      > If someone knows, what am I missing, please help me :\

      Missing the right forum, for one thing. It seems that you want a
      Debian automated install script using Debian-specific tools? You
      should be asking in a Debian forum.

      > 1.) But: when I want to get the e-mails through imap, ...
      [truncated non-wrapped line]

      IMAP is not a Postfix issue. But I looked here anyway:
      > mail.log: http://pastebin.com/f6e60f9b

      And there is no IMAP logging, only Postfix. Why Dovecot is not
      logging would be a Dovecot question.

      > 2.) When I want to send a message from a testuser to a testuser,
      > with Thunderbird, on the client, it just keeps asking for the
      > password, when I want click send. :S
      >
      > logs:
      > mail.info: http://pastebin.com/f1bca774f
      > mail.log: http://pastebin.com/f5c0be27c

      I didn't chase these all down. Not being a Debian user, I'm assuming
      that mail.log is mail.* logging, and all it said was that PLAIN and
      LOGIN AUTH attempts failed. Again, nothing from Dovecot saying why.
      Postfix is merely the middleman between the MUA and the SASL backend,
      and when your AUTH fails you have to check the SASL backend. So you
      are not yet on topic here.

      > Thank you for any help :S [_good_ docs, howtos, solution, or
      > anything please! :S :( ]

      I know that there is extensive information about Dovecot at the
      Dovecot wiki, and they have a very active mailing list of their own.
      I'm sure Debian also has extensive information, documentation, and
      forums available.