Re: Postfix-SASL-GSSAPI question

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2009
      On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 04:06:53PM +0330, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:

      > Thanks a lot for your help. I managed to solve the problem. By the way, have
      > you got any experiences about using kerberos as a pam module?

      Processes running as root can use kerberos as a PAM module, by obtaining
      and validating a service ticket for the host/<hostname>@REALM service
      in the system keytab.

      So if you want to have Postfix offer "PLAIN", utilizing a KDC as a password
      "oracle", you need a "root" co-process to validate passwords, which is what
      "saslauthd -a pam" is for.