Re: Please criticize my basic filtering config

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2009
      On 27-Oct-2009, at 09:00, Harakiri wrote:
      > --- On Tue, 10/27/09, Sahil Tandon <sahil@...> wrote:
      >
      >> From: Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
      >

      >> I reject with zen before greylisting.
      >>

      > Hi,
      >
      > thanks for your reply - i had thought about it - but since RBL is an
      > external service - it takes more time to go through,

      I dunno about that, DNS is very fast. I would not be surprised if it
      was sometimes faster than parsing a greylist database for a triplet.

      > therefor i used greylisting before RBL since its a local lookup.
      > Most spam is already catched through greylisting first, not RBL in
      > my opinion.

      I find that rejecting with zen first is far and away the best option.
      In fact, I see so little help from greylisting I am seriously
      considering removing it from my arsenal.

      --
      I AM SO VERY TIRED
      Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF20