content_filter for outbound messages

  • Darvin Denmian
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hello,

      Currently I'm using "content_filter" to filter inbound messages.
      Now I need to know if is possible to do something like content_filter
      for outbound messages.

      Thanks.
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
        * Darvin Denmian <darvin.denmian@...>:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Currently I'm using "content_filter" to filter inbound messages.

        How?

        > Now I need to know if is possible to do something like content_filter
        > for outbound messages.

        Every outbound message was inbound once, no?
        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt
        Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
          Ralf,

          I'm testing this using:

          master.cf :

          # Inbound

          smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -v
          -o content_filter=filter:dummy

          filter unix - n n - 10 pipe
          flags=Rq user=filter null_sender=
          argv=/usr/bin/filter.sh -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

          How can I apply something like this for outbound?

          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
            Darvin Denmian wrote:
            > Ralf,
            >
            > I'm testing this using:
            >
            > master.cf :
            >
            > # Inbound
            >
            > smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -v
            > -o content_filter=filter:dummy
            >
            > filter unix - n n - 10 pipe
            > flags=Rq user=filter null_sender=
            > argv=/usr/bin/filter.sh -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}
            >

            > How can I apply something like this for outbound?

            unless you use a specific smtpd for outbound, the above applies to all
            mail submitted via smtp. if you want this to apply to all mail,
            including mail submitted via the sendmail command, just put the
            content_filter= statement in main.cf. however, you can't do this if your
            filter.sh resubmits mail via sendmail because you'd get an infinite loop.
          • Darvin Denmian
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
              mouss,

              as you said , if I use content_filter=filter:localhost:<port>
              and my filter is able to reinject the message in postfix queue,
              Postfix will check inbound and outbound messages, right?

              Thanks!!!

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
                mouss,

                as you said , if I use content_filter=3Dfilter:localhost:<port>

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
                  Darvin Denmian wrote:
                  > mouss,
                  >
                  > as you said , if I use content_filter=3Dfilter:localhost:<port>
                  > and my filter is able to reinject the message in postfix queue,
                  > Postfix will check inbound and outbound messages, right?

                  yes. by default, postfix has no inbound vs outbound. _you_ tell postfix
                  what kind of mail it is.