Re: Double email because of aliased mailbox

  • Dan Schaefer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Wietse Venema wrote:
      Dan Schaefer:

      Dan Schaefer wrote:

      Email address:  mailbox@...
      Aliases: alias1@...
      alias2@...
      alias3@...

      What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to
      mailbox@... to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and
      1 copy to be sent to the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL
      and this is what I have in the To: field for mailbox@...

      mailbox@...
      alias1@...
      alias2@...
      alias3@...

      I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases
      see duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give
      more information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the
      database field as well.

      No one wants to tackle this one?

      This is the Postfix mailing list.  In terms of Postfix configuration,
      one could use a virtual alias.  See: man 5 virtual, and: man 5
      mysql_table.

      This is not the PostfixAdmin support forum.

      	Wietse

      Thank you. My apologies.

      --
      Dan Schaefer
      Web Developer/Systems Analyst
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Dan Schaefer wrote:
        Wietse Venema wrote:
        Dan Schaefer:

        Dan Schaefer wrote:

[...]

        It WAS a problem with my Postfix config. And this was solved by a Postfix Admin developer. I wish I had asked sooner.
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/forums/forum/676076/topic/3417045/index/page/1