receive only, no send allowed

  • Peter Macko
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi all,
      could you give me any clue how to accomplish following:

      1. I need to configure postfix to allow some users only receive emails.
      They can download received emails by outlook or other client from postfix server,
      but they are prohibited to send one.

      2. The second group of users should be restricted to read emails and send them
      only to certain domains or addresses.

      Is this possible by configuring postfix or is there also another way?

      Thanks a lot,
      Peter

      Windows Liveā„¢: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!
    • Eero Volotinen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        Peter Macko kirjoitti:
        > Hi all,
        > could you give me any clue how to accomplish following:
        >
        > 1. I need to configure postfix to allow some users only receive emails.
        > They can download received emails by outlook or other client from
        > postfix server,
        > but they are prohibited to send one.
        >
        > 2. The second group of users should be restricted to read emails and
        > send them
        > only to certain domains or addresses.
        >
        > Is this possible by configuring postfix or is there also another way?

        http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html#external this helps
        you on your journey.

        Also you can combine it with sasl and so on..

        --
        Eero