Re: Double email because of aliased mailbox

  • Dan Schaefer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Dan Schaefer wrote:
      > Email address: mailbox@...
      > Aliases: alias1@...
      > alias2@...
      > alias3@...
      >
      > What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to
      > mailbox@... to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and
      > 1 copy to be sent to the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL
      > and this is what I have in the To: field for mailbox@...
      >
      > mailbox@...
      > alias1@...
      > alias2@...
      > alias3@...
      >

      > I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases
      > see duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give
      > more information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the
      > database field as well.

      No one wants to tackle this one?
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Dan Schaefer:
        > Dan Schaefer wrote:
        > > Email address: mailbox@...
        > > Aliases: alias1@...
        > > alias2@...
        > > alias3@...
        > >
        > > What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to
        > > mailbox@... to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and
        > > 1 copy to be sent to the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL
        > > and this is what I have in the To: field for mailbox@...
        > >
        > > mailbox@...
        > > alias1@...
        > > alias2@...
        > > alias3@...
        > >

        > > I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases
        > > see duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give
        > > more information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the
        > > database field as well.
        > >

        > No one wants to tackle this one?

        This is the Postfix mailing list. In terms of Postfix configuration,
        one could use a virtual alias. See: man 5 virtual, and: man 5
        mysql_table.

        This is not the PostfixAdmin support forum.

        Wietse
      • Dan Schaefer
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Wietse Venema wrote:
          Dan Schaefer:

          Dan Schaefer wrote:

[...]

          Thank you. My apologies.

          --
          Dan Schaefer
          Web Developer/Systems Analyst
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            Dan Schaefer wrote:
            Wietse Venema wrote:
            Dan Schaefer:

            Dan Schaefer wrote:

[...]

            It WAS a problem with my Postfix config. And this was solved by a Postfix Admin developer. I wish I had asked sooner.
            http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/forums/forum/676076/topic/3417045/index/page/1