Re: Postfix Mail Queue Monitor

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:55:32PM +0200, Len Conrad wrote:

      > here's mine, very fast with "find":
      >
      > #!/bin/sh
      >
      > for Q in incoming active deferred hold
      > do
      > SIZE=`find /mail/spool/postfix/$Q -maxdepth 5 -type f | wc -l | tr -d ' '`
      > dd if=/dev/zero bs=1 count=$SIZE of=/var/db/postfix/q_size_$Q
      > done
      > exit 0

      The find(1) is less efficient than it should be, because you don't need
      to lstat(2) the files as with "-type f". All the sub-directories of
      the queues have single-letter names, and all the queue-files have
      multi-letter names. With a POSIX shell, avoid the `cmd` construct.

      n=$$( $(find /var/spool/postfix/$Q ! -name "?" ! | wc -l) - 1 )