Double email because of aliased mailbox

  • Dan Schaefer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2009
      Email address: mailbox@...
      Aliases: alias1@...
      alias2@...
      alias3@...

      What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to mailbox@...
      to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and 1 copy to be sent to
      the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL and this is what I have
      in the To: field for mailbox@...

      mailbox@...
      alias1@...
      alias2@...
      alias3@...

      I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases see
      duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give more
      information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the database
      field as well.

      --
      Thanks in advance,
      Dan Schaefer
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Dan Schaefer wrote:
        > Email address: mailbox@...
        > Aliases: alias1@...
        > alias2@...
        > alias3@...
        >
        > What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to
        > mailbox@... to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and
        > 1 copy to be sent to the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL
        > and this is what I have in the To: field for mailbox@...
        >
        > mailbox@...
        > alias1@...
        > alias2@...
        > alias3@...
        >

        > I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases
        > see duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give
        > more information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the
        > database field as well.

        No one wants to tackle this one?
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Dan Schaefer:
          > Dan Schaefer wrote:
          > > Email address: mailbox@...
          > > Aliases: alias1@...
          > > alias2@...
          > > alias3@...
          > >
          > > What I want to accomplish is any email being sent to
          > > mailbox@... to be put into the mailbox@...'s Inbox and
          > > 1 copy to be sent to the 3 aliases. I'm using PostfixAdmin for MySQL
          > > and this is what I have in the To: field for mailbox@...
          > >
          > > mailbox@...
          > > alias1@...
          > > alias2@...
          > > alias3@...
          > >

          > > I do get an email in mailbox@...'s Inbox, but all 3 aliases
          > > see duplicate messages. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to give
          > > more information? If you need it, I can give you the contents of the
          > > database field as well.
          > >

          > No one wants to tackle this one?

          This is the Postfix mailing list. In terms of Postfix configuration,
          one could use a virtual alias. See: man 5 virtual, and: man 5
          mysql_table.

          This is not the PostfixAdmin support forum.

          Wietse
        • Dan Schaefer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            Wietse Venema wrote:
            Dan Schaefer:

            Dan Schaefer wrote:

[...]

            Thank you. My apologies.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
              Dan Schaefer wrote:
              Wietse Venema wrote:
              Dan Schaefer:

              Dan Schaefer wrote:

[...]

              It WAS a problem with my Postfix config. And this was solved by a Postfix Admin developer. I wish I had asked sooner.
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/postfixadmin/forums/forum/676076/topic/3417045/index/page/1