Re: Variables in delayed notification mail.

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
      Guy:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm using a slight variation of the default delay notification
      > template which includes things like $delay_warning_time_hours and
      > $maximal_queue_lifetime_days.
      >
      > A lot of users (ours anyway) won't read past the word "MAILER-DAEMON"
      > so if it's possible I'd like to be able to make the subject of the
      > delay notification include the subject and/or from address of the
      > message that has been delayed. Are there variables for any of the
      > headers (subject/from address specifically in my case) of the delayed
      > mail that can be used in the template?

      Citing the bounce(5) manpage:

      o Template message headers do not support $parameter expansions.

      And:

      The second portion of a bounce template consists of message text. As
      the above example shows, template message text may contain main.cf
      $parameters. Besides the parameters that are defined in main.cf, the
      following parameters are treated specially depending on the suffix that
      is appended to their name.

      delay_warning_time_<suffix>
      maximal_queue_lifetime_<suffix>

      Postfix does behave as documented.