Variables in delayed notification mail.

  • Guy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm using a slight variation of the default delay notification
      template which includes things like $delay_warning_time_hours and
      $maximal_queue_lifetime_days.

      A lot of users (ours anyway) won't read past the word "MAILER-DAEMON"
      so if it's possible I'd like to be able to make the subject of the
      delay notification include the subject and/or from address of the
      message that has been delayed. Are there variables for any of the
      headers (subject/from address specifically in my case) of the delayed
      mail that can be used in the template?

      I suspect it's not possible, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

      Thanks
      Guy

      --
      Don't just do something...sit there!
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
        Guy:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using a slight variation of the default delay notification
        > template which includes things like $delay_warning_time_hours and
        > $maximal_queue_lifetime_days.
        >
        > A lot of users (ours anyway) won't read past the word "MAILER-DAEMON"
        > so if it's possible I'd like to be able to make the subject of the
        > delay notification include the subject and/or from address of the
        > message that has been delayed. Are there variables for any of the
        > headers (subject/from address specifically in my case) of the delayed
        > mail that can be used in the template?

        Citing the bounce(5) manpage:

        o Template message headers do not support $parameter expansions.

        And:

        The second portion of a bounce template consists of message text. As
        the above example shows, template message text may contain main.cf
        $parameters. Besides the parameters that are defined in main.cf, the
        following parameters are treated specially depending on the suffix that
        is appended to their name.

        delay_warning_time_<suffix>
        maximal_queue_lifetime_<suffix>

        Postfix does behave as documented.