Re: Applying Unix quota

  • Olivier Nicole
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi,

      > > Hence I would like to have a sort of
      > > smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service something
      > > that could accept/reject the mail before it is being handled to the MDA.
      >
      > You could write a policy service to do this, or simply use a utility outside
      > of Postfix to update an access(5) map that sends 4xx or 5xx responses for
      > users that exceed quota.

      I have written the table, it send DUNNO or REJECT depending whether
      the user is over quota or not.

      Where is the best place to hook that table in Postfix?

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access ldap:...

      May not be the best choice because it seems it is check before the aliases are expanded, so if a user over quota is part of an alias, the message will not boun ce for that user.

      Bests,

      Olivier

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:$config_directory/ldap_user_alias,
      ldap:$config_directory/ldap_deleted_alias, ldap:$config_directory/l
      dap_user_alias_fullname, ldap:$config_directory/ldap_deleted_alias_fullna
      me, ldap:$config_directory/ldap_alias
      command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
      config_directory = /usr/local/ETC
      content_filter = smtp-amavis:[localhost]:10024
      daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/db/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      home_mailbox = Maildir/
      html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost
      local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated
      local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname, $alias_maps, ldap:$config_dir
      ectory/ldap_local_recipient
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -t -a $HOME
      mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
      masquerade_domains = cs.ait.ac.th
      masquerade_exceptions = root
      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain, mail.$my
      domain, ufo.$mydomain, banyan.$mydomain, ldap.$mydomain, door.$mydomain,
      firewall.$mydomain, dns.$mydomain, amanda.$mydomain, database.$mydomain, sysl
      .$mydomain, mailback.$mydomain, csim.ait.asia
      mydomain = cs.ait.ac.th
      mynetworks = 192.41.170.0/24, 203.159.32.0/32
      myorigin = $mydomain
      newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      recipient_canonical_maps = ldap:$config_directory/ldap_user_uncanonical,
      ldap:$config_directory/ldap_deleted_uncanonical
      relay_domains = cs.ait.ac.th, vgl-vforge.cs.ait.ac.th, ait.ac.th, dec.ait.ac.th,
      interlab.ait.ac.th, gmseenet.org
      sample_directory = /usr/local/etc
      sender_canonical_maps = ldap:$config_directory/ldap_canonical
      sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = maildrop
      smtp_tls_loglevel = 2
      smtp_tls_security_level = may
      smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/run/postfix/smtp_scache
      smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      ...skipping...
      smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access cidr:$config_directory/amavis_by
      pass
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access ldap:$config_directory/lda
      p_access permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject
      _unauth_destination check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
      smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
      smtpd_tls_CAfile = /usr/local/ssl/ca/ait-itserv.crt
      smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /usr/local/ssl/crt/combined/mail.cs.ait.ac.th.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /usr/local/ssl/key/mail.cs.ait.ac.th.key
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
      smtpd_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers = aNULL, MD5
      smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
      smtpd_tls_security_level = may
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/run/postfix/smtpd_scache
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      tls_daemon_random_bytes = 32
      tls_random_bytes = 32
      tls_random_exchange_name = /var/run/postfix/prng_exch
      tls_random_prng_update_period = 3600s
      tls_random_reseed_period = 3600s
      tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
      transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/transport
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550