Block Email sent to one account

  • Bonar Gultom
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      dear all,

      I want to ask how to block e-mail sent to one account, let say foo@.... But we can make whitelist too who can sent e-mail to foo@.... I mean like this example:
      bar@..., abc@..., and def@... can send email to foo@.... But other than those three account, email sent to foo@... will be block.

      I hope you can understand my question and help me to this problem. thank you very much

      Warm Regards,

      Bonar Gultom

    • utahnix
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
        Bonar Gultom wrote:
        > dear all,
        >
        > I want to ask how to block e-mail sent to one account, let say
        > foo@.... But we can make whitelist too who can sent e-mail to
        > foo@.... I mean like this example:
        > bar@..., abc@..., and def@... can send email to
        > foo@.... But other than those three account, email sent to
        > foo@... will be block.
        >
        > I hope you can understand my question and help me to this problem.
        > thank you very much
        >
        > Warm Regards,
        >
        > Bonar Gultom

        I'd think there's a way to do this on Postfix, but if you're running
        Cyrus IMAP in conjunction with Postfix, you could accomplish the same
        thing with a sieve script. Just a thought.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
          On 9/1/2009 2:57 AM, Bonar Gultom wrote:
          > dear all,
          >
          > I want to ask how to block e-mail sent to one account, let say
          > foo@.... But we can make whitelist too who can sent e-mail to
          > foo@.... I mean like this example:
          > bar@..., abc@..., and def@... can send email to
          > foo@.... But other than those three account, email sent to
          > foo@... will be block.
          >
          > I hope you can understand my question and help me to this problem. thank
          > you very much
          > Warm Regards,
          >
          > Bonar Gultom

          For complex access controls, use either
          smtpd_restriction_classes or a policy service such as postfwd.

          http://postfwd.org/

          -- Noel Jones
        • Benny Pedersen
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
            On tir 01 sep 2009 10:40:09 CEST, utahnix wrote
            > I'd think there's a way to do this on Postfix, but if you're
            > running Cyrus IMAP in conjunction with Postfix, you could
            > accomplish the same thing with a sieve script. Just a thought.

            dont know how cyrus-imap handle sieve reject, if it reject in mta its
            fine, but dovecot sieve does a accept bounce, so make sure what to do
            in sieve

            i found this problem in my own dovecot when a user pointed me to my logs

            i belive exim with sieve does not have this problem, since sieve is in
            mta level, but how is the lda so :/

            --
            xpoint
          • Bonar Gultom
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
              For complex access controls, use either
              smtpd_restriction_classes or a policy service such as postfwd.

              http://postfwd.org/

              -- Noel Jones

              great, I got what I want by implementing this:

              http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html#internal

              thanks.

              Bonar