Re: legal intercept to file.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      Brent Clark:
      > Hiya
      >
      > I got this requirement from my client to keep a copy of ALL emails that gets sent and received (legal intercept). Im thinking this can be done at SMTP time.
      >
      > My question is, would anyone know how and where, at SMTP time, not using 'always_bcc', store the email to file.

      Use recipient_bcc_maps (or sender_bcc_maps).

      Untested example:

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc

      /etc/postfix/recipient_bcc:
      # You need to "postmap" this file after editing it.
      foo@... logger@localhost

      /etc/aliases:
      # You need to run "newaliases" after editing this file.
      logger: /var/logger/

      Note the trailing /.

      This delivers each message as a maildir file, and thus avoids errors
      that would happen when you deliver to one large file that grows
      too large.

      Make "/var/logger" a directory that is owned by nobody (or whatever
      the value of "default_privs" is with your Postfix).