Re: Can't Deliver

  • Diogo Sperb Schneider
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2009
      Your tip led me to disable_dns_lookups, which I turned off, since this is a local-mail-only service. It then brought me to the "loops back to myself" problem, solved by adding $myhostname.$mydomain to mydestination.

      2009/8/27 Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>
      On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 02:16:52PM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:

      > > Aug 27 14:56:24 host postfix/smtp[6906]: CF53F140C059:
      > > to=<root@...>, relay=none, delay=0, status=bounced (Host
      > > or domain name not found. Name service error for name=host.domain
      > > type=A: Host not found)
      > > Aug 27 14:56:24 host postfix/qmgr[6811]: CF53F140C059: removed
      > >
      > > It looks like postfix is trying to lookup host.domain through DNS
      > > instead of reading my /etc/hosts file, which looks like:
      >
      > Correct. Mail routing is done by means of DNS lookups.

      See also:

         http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_host_lookup

      in general, it is best to have all SMTP server IP addresses in DNS.
      You could also use "smtp:[ip.a.dd.r]" in the transport table...