avoid aliasing

  • Stefan Palme
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
      Hi list,

      I have a (probably simple) alias configuration problem,
      but currently have no idea how to solve it.

      Have a postfix server which has "mydestination=example.com".
      There is a valid email address user@...

      For certain reasons I wanto to duplicate mails sent to user@...
      to another mail-account, so I have added an alias:

      user: user, otheruser@...

      This works as expected.

      Now I want to be able to send mails to this user that should NOT
      be duplicated. For example, when sending mails to
      user+noduplicate@..., the mail should be stored only in
      the local mailbox, but NOT duplicated to otheruser@...

      I've tried these aliases:

      user+noduplicate: user+noduplicate
      user: user, otheruser@...

      but this does not work (when sending to user+noduplicate@...
      the mail still gets duplicated to otheruser@...)

      Any ideas how to solve this issue?

      Thank and regards
      -stefan-
    • LuKreme
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
        On 26-Aug-2009, at 03:14, Stefan Palme wrote:
        > user+noduplicate: user+noduplicate
        > user: user, otheruser@...

        Seems to me this would be an ideal use of procmail.

        /etc/procmailrc

        ARG=$1

        :0
        * TO_user
        {
        :0
        * ! ARG ^^^^
        {
        DROPPRIVS

        :0c
        !otheruser@...

        :0
        .ARG/
        }

        :0E
        {
        DROPPRIVS

        :0
        $DEFAULT
        }
        }

        (something like that, not tested, YMV, yadda yadda yadda,

        kiss, the Gates of Love they budged an inch / I can't say much
        has happened since / but CLOSING TIME
      • Stefan Palme
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2009
          On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 18:12 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
          > On 26-Aug-2009, at 03:14, Stefan Palme wrote:
          > > user+noduplicate: user+noduplicate
          > > user: user, otheruser@...
          >
          > Seems to me this would be an ideal use of procmail.

          Thanks for the tip, but procmail is no option here. The reason:
          The local mailbox_transport is lmtp:/var/imap/socket/lmtp, which
          means mail is stored in an IMAP server in the end.

          Regards
          -stefan-
        • LuKreme
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
            On 27-Aug-2009, at 00:16, Stefan Palme wrote:
            > On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 18:12 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
            >> On 26-Aug-2009, at 03:14, Stefan Palme wrote:
            >>> user+noduplicate: user+noduplicate
            >>> user: user, otheruser@...
            >>
            >> Seems to me this would be an ideal use of procmail.
            >
            > Thanks for the tip, but procmail is no option here. The reason:
            > The local mailbox_transport is lmtp:/var/imap/socket/lmtp, which
            > means mail is stored in an IMAP server in the end

            IMAP has nothing to do with it. I use procmail to store to IMAP. It's
            not an issue.

            --
            This above all, to thine own self be true And it must follow, as
            the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
              On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 06:59 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
              > On 27-Aug-2009, at 00:16, Stefan Palme wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Seems to me this would be an ideal use of procmail.
              > >
              > > Thanks for the tip, but procmail is no option here. The reason:
              > > The local mailbox_transport is lmtp:/var/imap/socket/lmtp, which
              > > means mail is stored in an IMAP server in the end
              >
              > IMAP has nothing to do with it. I use procmail to store to IMAP. It's
              > not an issue.

              But does procmail not require a local user account for the recipient
              in question? In this machine there are NO normal user accounts.

              However, I have solved the issue in another way by using
              virtualaliases and some modified transports...

              Thanks for help!

              Regards
              -stefan-
            • LuKreme
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
                On 27-Aug-2009, at 07:31, Stefan Palme wrote:
                > But does procmail not require a local user account for the recipient
                > in question? In this machine there are NO normal user accounts.

                My procmail delivers to mysql users just fine. The initial setup takes
                some extra steps, but that's all.

                --
                Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
              • Stefan Palme
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
                  > My procmail delivers to mysql users just fine. The initial setup takes
                  > some extra steps, but that's all.

                  Ok, maybe I will take a look at this solution, too :-)

                  Thanks and regards
                  -stefan-