Re: put mails in hold queue based on size

  • Gerard
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
      On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:06:52 -0600
      LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:

      > On 1-Aug-2009, at 21:29, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Why transfer them at all? Email is a horrible way to send HUGE
      > >> files. And grossly inefficient. And rude.
      > >
      > > Irrelevant. Different strokes for different folks.
      >
      > But when they are sending out 300MB emails and tryng to figure out
      > why they don't get delivered it stops being just their problem.
      > Everyday I have someone attempt to send an oversized email to my
      > mailserver.

      Everyday, I receive some form of SPAM too. Deal with it in what ever
      method is appropriate for your situation. However, expecting others to
      enforce arbitrary rules that meet your expectations/requirements is not
      kosher.

      --
      Gerard
      postfix.user@...

      Every four seconds a woman has a baby. Our problem is to find this
      woman and stop her.
    • Sahil Tandon
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
        On Sun, 02 Aug 2009, Gerard wrote:

        > On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:06:52 -0600
        > LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:
        >
        > > On 1-Aug-2009, at 21:29, Sahil Tandon wrote:

        > > > Irrelevant. Different strokes for different folks.
        > >
        > > But when they are sending out 300MB emails and tryng to figure out
        > > why they don't get delivered it stops being just their problem.
        > > Everyday I have someone attempt to send an oversized email to my
        > > mailserver.
        >
        > Everyday, I receive some form of SPAM too. Deal with it in what ever
        > method is appropriate for your situation. However, expecting others to
        > enforce arbitrary rules that meet your expectations/requirements is not
        > kosher.

        Bingo!

        --
        Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>