Re: put mails in hold queue based on size

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
      On 1-Aug-2009, at 21:29, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > On Sat, 01 Aug 2009, LuKreme wrote:
      > On 1-Aug-2009, at 06:18, ram wrote:
      >>> Some users on my postfix system send *Huge* mails and I dont want
      >>> the
      >>> mails to be transferred during peak hours
      >>
      >> Why transfer them at all? Email is a horrible way to send HUGE files.
      >> And grossly inefficient. And rude.
      >
      > Irrelevant. Different strokes for different folks.

      But when they are sending out 300MB emails and tryng to figure out why
      they don't get delivered it stops being just their problem. Everyday I
      have someone attempt to send an oversized email to my mailserver.

      --
      Maybe I should have seen it as some kind of sign,
      except I don't believe in them no more; no no, but
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
        On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:06:52 -0600
        LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:

        > On 1-Aug-2009, at 21:29, Sahil Tandon wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Why transfer them at all? Email is a horrible way to send HUGE
        > >> files. And grossly inefficient. And rude.
        > >
        > > Irrelevant. Different strokes for different folks.
        >
        > But when they are sending out 300MB emails and tryng to figure out
        > why they don't get delivered it stops being just their problem.
        > Everyday I have someone attempt to send an oversized email to my
        > mailserver.

        Everyday, I receive some form of SPAM too. Deal with it in what ever
        method is appropriate for your situation. However, expecting others to
        enforce arbitrary rules that meet your expectations/requirements is not
        kosher.

        --
        Gerard
        postfix.user@...

        Every four seconds a woman has a baby. Our problem is to find this
        woman and stop her.
      • Sahil Tandon
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
          On Sun, 02 Aug 2009, Gerard wrote:

          > On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:06:52 -0600
          > LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:
          >
          > > On 1-Aug-2009, at 21:29, Sahil Tandon wrote:

          > > > Irrelevant. Different strokes for different folks.
          > >
          > > But when they are sending out 300MB emails and tryng to figure out
          > > why they don't get delivered it stops being just their problem.
          > > Everyday I have someone attempt to send an oversized email to my
          > > mailserver.
          >
          > Everyday, I receive some form of SPAM too. Deal with it in what ever
          > method is appropriate for your situation. However, expecting others to
          > enforce arbitrary rules that meet your expectations/requirements is not
          > kosher.

          Bingo!

          --
          Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>